Girvan Folk Festival 2018 – 4th – 6th May
We are currently establishing a new website as we start to look forward to our 2018 Festival. Please be patient meantime – but we hope to be with you very soon.
Some of Girvan’s strengths.
- It is a family festival.
- Its constitution and defined focus.
- Although it has a core committee, it was ‘owned’ by a larger group of people.
- It seeks out new performers.
- It books ‘special people’ – not necessarily stars, but people with an X factor.
- Its links with Ireland and England.
- It isn’t a ‘manufactured’ festival, it grew from established folk clubs and is organised by folk enthusiasts.
- It remains small and acoustic,
- It is on a Bank Holiday and runs for a full weekend.